Community Aged Care Packages
Today, more and more people access Community Care Services and support to assist them to live in the comfort of their own home for as long as they choose.
Community Care is a Government funded program.
There are carefully planned and coordinated care packages that have been designed to assist people with low care needs (hostel level) to continue living in the comfort of their own homes.
These programs are a key provider of community services to not only the frail aged, but also younger people with disabilities, and their carers, providing a range of basic support and maintenance services.
Included in these packages is the need for Respite care which essentially is designed to give carers relief from their constant caring role, allowing them to have planned breaks, regular week breaks or emergencies.
Services are available in the person’s home or within a residential care facility.
Community Care Services Available
Community Care Services are flexible, reliable and can include:
1. Personal Care.
- Bathing, showering, and personal hygeine
- Short term illness
- Control and administration of medication prescribed by a medical practitioner, subject to legal restrictions on providing the medication
- Rehabilitative support, or helping to access rehabilitative support, to meet a professionally determined therapeutic need
- Administration of treatment such as eye drops, back rubs, dressings and urine tests, subject to legal restrictions on providing the treatment
- Emotional support and direct supervision
- Having at least one responsible person or agency, approved by the organisation providing the CACP, reasonably near and continuously on call to give emergency assistance when needed
2. Domestic Assistance.
- Dressing or undressing
- Preparing and eating meals
- Assistance with nutritional needs
- Assistance with a special diet
- Sensory communication or filtering sensory communication aids
- Advocacy services to help protect the person’s interests
- Support services to maintain personal affairs
- Home help
- Transport to help the person shop, visit a medical practitioner, or attend social activities
- Arranging social activities, providing or coordinating transport to social functions at a reasonable frequency and other out of home services that help prevent social isolation
4. Respite Care.
We provide short-term care for care recipient’s being cared for by a family member, friend or loved one. The carer is able to then use that respite time for their own purposes.
Who can receive these Services?
Community Aged Care Packages are available to all members of the community. Eligible clients are funded through Federal and State Government programs. To access Community Care Services all you need do is call us.
Referrals can also be made through medical practitioners, the community health service, or Aged Care Assessment Teams (ACAT).
National Respite Carer Packages are available to individuals who care for a loved one at home and require a “break” from their care responsibilities.
What are the rights and responsibilities you have as a client?
Your rights as our client has high priority. We respect each client’s right to holistic care encompassing spiritual, emotional, environmental, physical and social well being.
We welcome input from family, friends and other health care providers which we value and use to improve the level of our service.